Thursday, December 15, 2011

~*~ Cupcake ~*~







I have been playing with my pattern again, and I have come up with a slightly different proportioned bear.  Not to worry, there will be the regular ones still as well...but I wanted to do something a little more chibi style.  It's something I have wanted to do for ages, and I am finally getting around to it.  I have to work up to it slowly though, since my brain has done traditional for so long.  Miss Cupcake is the first step in that direction, and has a little bigger head and shorter body than bears in the past.  She still comes in at a hair under 7 inches, so she is the same size as the others.

I also hand made her collar and flower on her bow from German wool felt.  I was inspired by a vintage pair of felt baby shoes I bought ages ago.  Naturally winter white wool gets a bit stained and moth eaten over the years, so I have done my best to recreate that feel.  I am really happy with how she turned out..if you ask me she is a confection!  (Ok that was kind of a bad pun!)  At any rate...you can visit Cupcake on the bears page of my website at http://www.blondheart.com/

Edit:  Cupcake has been adopted.  I want to thank everyone for their inquiries from Bearpile about her.  I was surprised how many people were interested in her!  I had quite a few requests for her when I got up.  I guess I will continue on with this style of bear!

In other news...I will try very hard to get to the Q & A tomorrow, you have waited so patiently while I have been cleaning/entertaining/working/going for follow up visits to the doctors, and I appreciate it.

As for my follow up...now he seems to think that I have arthritis in my knee and a ganglion cyst under the knee cap.  But my question was...why didn't any of that make it hurt before I fell?  He didn't have an answer but offered to give me a shot behind my knee cap.  He said I would feel much better if he did, I said probably but that he wouldn't.  So I respectfully declined the shot.  I have gotten better over the years with needles, but not that good.  To have a shot behind my knee cap I am pretty sure I would have to be sedated.

I also had my bi-annual checkup today with my regular doctor.  I have to go in twice a year so I can get a blood test to check my thyroid and my kidney function, so while I was there we discussed my knee problem and he is going to request my x-rays and MRI results and review them himself.  I like that idea, because the other guy keeps changing his mind.  I trust my regular doctor so much more, so we will see what he has to say about it.

The other bear and the snowman should be along shortly!

Hugs, K. <3



9 comments:

Joy said...

I love her! She is perfect

Waynestonbears said...

She is cute and I love her too!

Heather said...

Second opinions are always a good thing... I've been seeing my regular doctor for a few years, and have been wondering about some of her diagnosis, then, when I went to make an appointment before Thanksgiving, I found out she's been suspended!! I went to a different doc in the same building, they looked over my stuff and were like, "What the heck has she been doing?!"

... Greaaat... *I* should have gotten a second opinion when I wondered about things. I trusted my doctor knew best, and that turned out to be stupid. *sigh*

On a much brighter note, I LOVE the new girl, she's adorable!!! Excellent tweaking of the pattern!!!

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, what a cute wee cupcake she is too!

As for the knee, I hope the normal doc has more answers - mind you, when I dislocated my knee, I had a physio assessing me that told me in a very accusatory voice that I my kneecap was too small, sat too high up, and didn't track straight - as if I could have done anything about that!!!

Amanda said...

Cupcake has a lovely proportion.

My mum has arthritis and had some of the cortisone shots for the first time. They really worked for her although she tended to do too much as she felt a lot better. She can tell the difference when they start to wear off.

I hope all goes well and your regular doctor can help.

Lyn said...

How cute is that! So very nicely done too:o))
Take care and have a good weekend.
Hugs Lyn x

ginger@bearbits said...

I don't mean to follow the crowd but they're right you know. Cupcake is very sweet - did I really say that? Yes, I did! Love the trims you have given her. Good luck on getting some good info from your regular doc!

~ginger

Unknown said...

tutto così bello questo blog!!!!
complimenti!!

Unknown said...

MERAVIGLIOSOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map