Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wide Awake Early

So here I sit in a hotel room, wide awake on a Saturday morning. I am only five miles from home and I wish I could go back home. But right this minute I can't. (No I didn't leave R!) He is remodeling my bathroom. It's noisy and raises the dust and mold level and I have asthma. Just one of the many little things I picked up from so many years of making bears.

I don't know why I always wake up at the crack of dawn when I stay in hotel. To be honest with you, I am kind of bored. I don't want to turn on the TV this early because I think someone is in the next room and I don't want to wake them up. I can't go swimming yet because the pool isn't open. I am half tempted to go jog some laps around the building.

Normally when I stay in a hotel it's for a bear show or we are traveling to some lovely destination. But what do you do when you're stuck in a hotel at home? I guess I will go read the book I brought. I would rather be home working on one of the bears I cut our or one of the masks I want to make. Sadly even if I was home I can't get to the bear parts because most of my stuff from the bathroom is in boxes sitting on the studio floor. I had a lot of stuff in there!

I guess I will go read...sigh~

1 comment:

Marie said...

6:22 am? Ugh, I can see what you mean about it being early...I would be quite upset about being awake that early, but I find I wake up a million times in the night when I stay in a hotel too. Every little noise wakes me up, and I hate the beds too. Well, I hope that you at least get a nap this afternoon....

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map