Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Inspiration Quiz

No matter how good of an artist you are, or how many fabulous ideas you have, chances are you have run out of inspiration at some point. As artists sometimes we fall into a rut. There is an old adage that says; "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But sometimes we have to fix it even if it isn't broke. Artists tend to stay in motion, and if we land somewhere for too long we stagnate.

I have had a new idea (again) and I keep dragging my heels. Sometimes it's scary to take that first step and start a new journey. Occasionally we all need to rediscover our inspiration. I have sat and compiled a quiz to kick start that inspiration. So I am going to post it here for your enjoyment...at least I hope you will enjoy it and take a little something away from it!

How do I perceive what I create?

How do others perceive what I create?

If I could make anything in the world, it would be?

What gives me joy?

What are my favorite objects that I own?

What are my favorite colors?

What magazines and books do I like?

What was my favorite childhood toy?

When I make something that doesn't turn out the way I expected, what do I do with it?

What is my favorite time of day?

Who do I admire and why?

If I could go anywhere, where would it be?

Are my family and friends supportive of me and what I make?

After I make something really amazing how do I feel?

What do I daydream about?

What do I want to make but keep putting off?

What could I do to go the extra distance to make what I create even more special?

What do I see myself doing in five years?

What was the last thing someone asked me to do that took me outside of my comfort zone, and did I do it or did I make up an excuse to back out?

If I could change one thing about the world to make it more beautiful, what would it be?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map