Sunday, October 12, 2008

Kind Fairies

Every once in a while someone will say something to you that is exactly and precisely the very thing you need to hear right when you need to hear it. It's almost as if they are kind little fairies whispering in your ear not to have self doubts. Or maybe kind little fairies whisper in their ears and tell them what to say...either way it's a lovely little kismet-esque sort of event when it happens. It just confirms my last post that words have a great deal of power and we don't even know the effect they have sometimes.

For the last couple days I have been obsessing over my photographs. I think that I take fairly good, clear photos of my work, but I have suddenly been wanting them to be a little more special. I want to bring the observer into the world of the piece I have created, so they understand it fully and feel a kinship with it. I have been trying to decide how to do that.

I was having a chat with a very sweet friend of mine this morning and she said my latest editing on my banners and stuff is as good as Charlotte Bird. That was quite a compliment I must say. If you aren't familiar with Charlotte, I will add a link to her site at the bottom of this post. I had to look her up myself. I would post a pic of her work but it's all copywrited and I don't want to infringe on that. It's worth a side trip to have a look at her amazing images. I could only wish to be so good! She is doing exactly with fairies what I would like to do with the bears. I have thought about doing note cards with them, and I need to work on that. So once I finish the next few pieces I am doing, I am going to get started and see what I can come up with. I have been promised a new camera for Christmas, once I have that...look out world, here I come! *Grins*

Charlotte Bird's Website

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map