Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day


So here it is Earth Day. I am not sure when it originated, and to be honest I am not even completely clear of the definition of it. Is it a day when we are supposed to be responsible about our habits and be aware of our need to take care of the Earth? Or is it a day to celebrate this planet that has given us a home and a life?

Either way, while those are nice ideas...I think that if we were all conscious of one bad habit we have and take strides to correct it we would be doing a huge part towards the preservation of our world. On the other hand...I don't think we are in quite as dire of straights as scientists and conservationists suggest. I believe the Earth is pretty resilient and can replenish itself better than we think. I am not saying we aren't taking our toll on it because I have no doubt we are. I think we should do our part, be a little bit aware of what we are doing every day and try to be responsible without spreading gloom and doom in the process.

In the long run, shouldn't every day be Earth Day?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map