Monday, August 25, 2008

Times Have Changed


I was going through my mountain of magazines again and I was reading Cosmo. I came across a section with recipes. It was entitled "Make Him A Meal He Will Devour." The recipes were for spinach salad, bite sized tomato and mozzarella tarts and chocolate bread pudding.

Now I don't know about the men you know...but I don't know a single one that would consider that a meal. But maybe men are changing as time progresses? Men now "man scape" which seems to be some type of direct fallout of the elusive metro-sexual. I have to be honest, I have never entirely figured out what those are. Although I do believe I saw one in the wild once. But I can't be certain.

Men have styling products now too. I remember my dad had styling products...he had a razor, deodorant, q-tips and Old Spice. I can't even remember the last time I saw a barber. They must be extinct. There was always something sort of friendly about those red, white and blue poles revolving around.

The world is changing...some of it is for good, and some of it I am not so sure about. I think I miss the kind of men who go to barber shops and eat meals that consist of meat and potatoes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map