Thursday, July 9, 2009

Story Telling

It's an absolutely beautiful morning. We have had nothing but rain for a month and then yesterday it was 90 degrees. So I went outside and sat on the deck for a few minutes and watched the sun come up. It's a perfect 65 out there right now with a slight breeze.

A few years ago I went to a fortune teller at a renaissance festival with a friend for a lark. She told me the usual stuff they get from assessing who you are by looking at you. But she also told me that I would write a book when I was in my 40's. We joked about what a great author I would be and then I never gave it much more thought.

As I was sitting there this morning, it almost seemed as if the trees were whispering to me that I should indeed write a book. It's a silly thought and I am not sure where it came from so abruptly. My sentence structure is terrible. If you read my blog at all, then you know I have the worst run on sentences ever. I leave my participles dangling in the wind, and my syntax is all over the place.

Even if I did write a book, I don't know what I would write about. They say you should write about what you know, but I know about entirely too much. What story do I have inside me that needs to get out? Would it be a work of fiction, or maybe a self help book? I am not sure I am really qualified to help anyone despite the unwanted advice I tend to dispense. Maybe I would write something on making bears or art. I don't know if anyone would even want to read something I wrote.

Still though...the seed was planted with the leaves blowing in the gentle breeze of a perfect morning.

4 comments:

Bearly Sane said...

You're a child at heart, with a great imagination...why not write a children's book!

Heather said...

I would purchase a book about bear making written by you.

There is a considerable lack of bear books in local bookstores around here, which is very daunting for someone trying to get started.

The internet, and lovely bear-blogs have been my best resource.

julietk said...

I would read a book by you, and at least you know what syntax means lol
funny i was looking at this site yesterday https://www.createspace.com/Special/Help/Videos/BookOverview.jsp
what do you think :-D

Kelly said...

Thank you for all the feedback! I will definitely give it some thought and keep you updated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map