Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy, Grumpy & Reminder


Despite what you may think, this is not a post about dwarfs...Snow White is no where in sight.  But lets go ahead and start with grumpy and get that out of the way.  Then we can move on to happy things!

Ok so I am feeling a bit grumpy about Etsy.  I haven't made a post about Etsy in years, but I really do need to get this off my chest.  I don't rely on Etsy much, but I figure for 20 cents a pop, it's worth it as an online portfolio to reach people who might not see me otherwise.  I like to shop on Etsy sometimes though.  They implemented a feature a while back where they had suggested items from your favorite shops on the front page.  It was great.  I really liked seeing what people whose work I like and buy, have made recently.  It certainly prompted me to buy a few things that I might not have.  It was also handy for the girl on the go.  Plus my own page views have dropped by about 95%.  But with this new person in charge they have removed it.  Apparently the thinking is that people should pay for extra advertising. Money hungry little buggers.  They also removed the pounce and a couple other features that were effective.   On top of that they have removed the just listed section!!!  This seems so counter intuitive to me.  They were still making a profit from the items sold, probably more than they will on the items sold through people who will pay to advertise.  So why...why Etsy...WHY?  I am not going to pay for advertising through them.  I just do not understand this cut off your nose to spite your face line of thinking they constantly employ.  Ok small rant over...now on to the fun stuff!

Now for the happy!  YAY!  As you see I have posted a pic of my dining room.  (Penelope snuck into the pic under the chair...I didn't even notice.)  This weekend we finally...FINALLY started redoing the house.  R painted the walls.  Isn't it lovely!  He also bought me a new china cabinet which I need to put the stuff back into.  But that's for tomorrow.  Today I have to put up Halloween decorations.  I also want to repaint the painted part of the chairs white. 

When I used to live in a condo I dreamed of the day when I had a house and could decorate it any way I wanted.  I had a million ideas.  But when we moved into this house 12 years ago the trouble was I had a million ideas!  I couldn't settle on anything.  So a while back R put his foot down and said pick something woman it's time!  I am so glad he did.  I had forgotten how much I love color.  Of course we are both Leo's so naturally we have to have warm colors.  I don't care for cool colors in my home. 

When I go to visit my parents in a couple weeks he is going to do the living room and kitchen.  I can't wait.  It's going to be beautiful!  I already have ideas for the bedroom and the downstairs too.  My house is going to be fabulous!  At least I think so.

Lastly I want to give you a reminder...tomorrow night is the drawing for Caution Mouse so be sure to enter if you haven't already!

Have a lovely day!  Hugs, K. <3

Edit:  One trip to World Market later and we have new chair cushions, lantern and placemats!


6 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Hee hee, that did kind of sounds like Doc and Sneezy should be along any time!

Sorry Etsy removed those features, I have to say I didn't even know they were there, let alone that they'd gone again - oops! I guess I'm not an Etsy browser, but an Etsy searcher, which probably means I'm missing out on fabulous things, but my wallet/bank manager is grateful ;o)

The dining room looks fab...

Kays Kids said...

Katie, I loooove the colours in your dinning room, it looks so inviting.
Your dinning room chairs are really lovely, I know you said you are going to paint them. It is the shape that I like.
Happy renovating.
Hugs
Kay

Sharie Reetz said...

Hi Kelly~I'm with you 100% about etsy~what are they thinking!?I'm ready to pull my hair out with all the relisting,checking craft cult to see any new hearts in my shop or on items and it is really depressing.I don't think it was a great time to list my patterns there after all the work it took making them!But on a brighter note~I LOVE your dining room,the colors are so bright and cheery it looks like it should be in a magazine~really!Can't wait to see more pics of your home*~*xxxxSharie

Wish You Were Here Mom said...

The dining room looks so inviting! I love the wall color, too. Still crossing my fingers that I win that little sweetie tomorrow!!! Hugs, Janice

Heather said...

LOVE the look of the dining room, it looks so cozy and bright!!!!

Etsy must have gotten a lot of complaints, because it looks like the Recently Listed section is back at the bottom of the page.

I am really sad that they got rid of the section of things listed by people on my favorites list, I really loved that :(

Amanda said...

Love your dinning room, the colours look great together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map