Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Six Possible Things


While Alice may have had trouble believing six impossible things before breakfast upon her arrival in Wonderland, most of us who live in the real  world  actually have a harder time believing in the possible.

This weekend as I traveled around reading all the posts from my party guests, I was astounded at what creativity and talent everyone had.  Everyone quite put me to shame.

But I learned an important lesson from those posts and also my own trials with my project.  All too often we get caught up in our heads and talk ourselves out of what we have the ability to make possible.  We let things like fear, full schedules, over thinking it or even laziness sometimes keep us from our full potential as creative beings.

I thought about all the secret dreams I have, and why I haven't done them.  I also thought about the ones I have done.  That first step really is the hardest, it's what keeps me from beginning all too often.  But it's also possible if I just make my brain shut up a little and get off my duff and do it!

Like with the new bunny pattern, once I got started it just all began to fall into place.  So why have I always needed so long to design a pattern or make a really fancy piece?  Can you imagine if those first astronauts didn't take that first step on the moon?  I am sure they were terrified when they strapped themselves into the rocket and waited for lift off.  But they did it anyway and it was a giant success.

I have made a little decision, instead of waiting for the blog party next year I am going to make those secret dreams a reality more often.  What am I waiting for?  I have already had the flash of inspiration when I got those ideas.  What's the worst that can happen?  Maybe a project fails like it did with what I originally intended to make.  If it fails it's not the end of the world, I will just begin again.

A long time ago my Mother gave me an unfinished wooden box.  I am going to make it all pretty and write all those secret dreams of things I want to make or do down on little pieces of paper.  I am going to put them in the box, and periodically pull one out and do it.  I have a lot of things I have been wanting to make for years...and now is the time.

All the creativity I saw this weekend inspired me so much.  Hopefully it inspired some of you too!

Hugs, K. <3

2 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

What a lovely idea with the box, looking forward to seeing more of your dreams come true

Hugs

Katy

Heather said...

This is an excellent idea... I should write down everything too and draw from the "well of inspiration"

... my brother did just get me a very fancy box for my birthday...

Also... how is Ridley doing?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map