Thursday, November 29, 2007

Perception

I have mentioned before that I have a fondness for cryptozoology and other odd things. I was watching one of those shows on TV tonight in fact. I am always amazed by one constant factor in every person's story they interview on any of these shows. They can always rattle off a size or distance when asked. Maybe it's just me, and I am unusual in that I have no concept of distance or size, but honestly if I saw a giant bird/alien/sea monster/bigfoot and someone asked me how big it was or how far away I wouldn't have a clue.

Now you would think that someone who works with material that comes in yards and inches would be able to calculate such things. Especially someone with my IQ. I don't even know how people do it.

The ironic thing is that on this show they decided to put it to a test. Someone made a giant bird kite and asked passers by to estimate how big it was. Some people came fairly close but not one person out of the dozens asked got it right.

So I have to wonder, am I odd in the respect that I can't tell the size or distance, or am I odd in the respect that I admit I can't? Hmm...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map