Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


New Years is a time for resolutions. Usually we give something up. But I have been thinking, why should it always be negative? Afterall, it's not lent. So this year I have decided that I am only going to drink champagne if I have alcohol, I am going to wear lace and ruffles every day. I am going to cover all my furniture in satin and velvet, and I am going to buy a french poodle and dye it pink!

Ok...I am kidding of course. But really when you think about it resolutions are sort of silly, we hardly ever keep them. I think instead we should just celebrate the fact that we have a shiny new year to make into something wonderful and not get caught up in trying to do things that will ultimately feel bad if we don't accomplish them!

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

You said it right Kelly ~ Happy New Year.... & I do like the Pink Poodle idea!
cheryl

Heather said...

I like the furniture covered in velvet idea XD They always used to have a blue velvet couch in the Limited and it was soooo comfy! XD

Anyhow... ahh... resolutions. The one I took up one year, and stuck to the entire year... was "No French Fries for One Year"

Interestingly, by the end of the year, fries seemed really gross... I rarely eat them at all anymore!

And yes, despite their somewhat expectable failure... I made some resolutions this year anyways. Mostly... to have a better year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map