Sunday, October 3, 2010

So Cute!


Today I was out and about and I picked up the new copy of Somerset Life.  It was filled with all sorts of luscious pics, but it was the very last article that really caught my attention.  I actually read every word of it.  I usually just look at the pics.  It was about a woman in California who makes these absolutely adorable little bird pins.  I loved every single thing about them.  Especially the distressed crackle finish on them!

It gave the address of her blog...sadly that was all written in Turkish and I couldn't find a translator on there so I have no idea what it said.  BUT...she had a link to her etsy shop.  So naturally I ran off to have a look and was surprised to discover two things, one that she actually still had some since she was in the magazine, and two...how inexpensive they were!

The one shown above is the one that I bought.  (I appropriated her pic, I hope she won't be mad!)

So my darlings...go...go now and get yourself a little cute, before everyone else buys the magazine and finds them!  Here is the link:

Decaf Latte On Etsy

It also told how she makes them.  I was rather excited over this information because it got the wheels and cogs in my little blonde brain whirring and spinning.  I am going to try the technique to make something else that I have in mind.  I love to sculpt little things, and I have tried Fimo before but it always make me violently sick when I bake it.  So I am going to try this method. 

Speaking of all the wheels and cogs in my little blonde brain whirring and spinning...I have had another little idea brewing in the back of my mind for a while.  Last night when I laid down to go to sleep, suddenly a whole thing popped into my head to flesh it out.  So I am going to be working on that as well.

On top of that...I had yet another idea.  And of course I have some new bears and animals in the works.   AND...there is going to be a blog give away this month!!!  So October should prove to be a very busy month for me! 

Stay tuned!  (And go visit Decaf Latte!)

Hugs, K. <3

3 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Cute wee bird, and yes, looks like you'll be kept very buys with all those projects!

Aimee Jeffries said...

So glad to know I'm not the only one that has creations keep them awake "discovering themselves" lol. So my Lattes are usually DoubleCaf hehe, cute shop thanks for sharing!

Nily said...

Thank you so much for all these kind words Kelly! :)

Nily - Decaf Latte

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map