Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pink Elephants, Blue Whales & Pearly Whites

As you know I had a difficult month, but with some luck the tide is turning.  I woke up early.  I knew I had an appointment to keep and I never sleep well when I have to be somewhere, I am always afraid I am going to over sleep and be late.  Plus I had the strangest dream about an old boyfriend I hadn't thought of in years.  I don't know what that was about.  The subconscious is an odd thing in it's ability to dig stuff out of old files you didn't even remember you had.

Today I went and got my new crown fitted.  Keep your fingers crossed that it stays put!  I can't afford to keep buying crowns, they are expensive little things.  Plus this whole not being able to eat anything solid was really starting to wear on me after so many weeks of it.

When I was done I stopped at one of my favorite shops and found a blue whale ring, while I like whales pretty well...a couple years ago I saw a blue whale ring online and thought it was the cutest thing ever.  I don't know why, it's not the sort of thing I usually buy.  But I have looked at it a few times over the past couple years.  Today they happened to have one in the shop!  All things really do come to those who wait!  It fit perfectly, so naturally it came home with me.  I had been so good too darnit!   I have him on the wrong hand and wrong finger for the pic, but it's surprising how hard it is to photograph your own hand.  Also don't mind the Hello Kitty band aid...I stabbed a scissor point into my finger yesterday.


When I got home there was a package waiting on the porch.  I LOVE packages!!!  They are always filled with wondrous things, and I certainly wasn't disappointed.  Inside was a little pink elephant that had to come and live at my house from Kelly Jo at Tickled Pink Bears.  Isn't she cute as pie!  Interestingly enough she is similar in shape to one of the two new patterns I just designed.  Although mine isn't an elephant.

I was going to work on one of the new designs tonight since I have a fun idea, but I am just too tired.  So I am off to bed early to make up for getting up early.  The new pattern will just have to wait until tomorrow!
Hugs, K <3



1 comment:

Heather said...

Oooh, both the ring and the elephant are lovely!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map