Friday, July 30, 2010

Speak Play Read


Today was one of those days that is perfect for no particular reason.  Just perfect in a quiet way that some days lend themselves to.

I have an extensive collection of bears, but I am not really a doll person.  However over the years a handful of dolls have found their way into my house.  I have a couple Pullips, and two Hestia Ribon, and a couple assorted others.  But when Heather at Little Bearries posted about the Monster High dolls she had just purchased I fell in love with them.  So I ordered Lagoona Blue and Frankie Stein online.  This morning I received an e-mail canceling my order because they were out of stock.

I went over to Toys R Us (these are inexpensive dolls) and found Lagoona, but they didn't have Frankie.  The kid working at customer service was so pleasant and helpful and he ordered one for me right away.  I have to say though, for a manufactured toy these are pretty impressive in detail.

Next I headed off to Barnes & Noble which is one of my favorite places.  I wanted the new issue of Where Women Create, but it hadn't come in yet.  I browsed around a bit and I found a CD set entitled "Drive & Learn French."  I took French in college, but it's been a while and I thought how fun...I can brush up while I am driving!  That might not seem that fun to you, but I thought it was just fabulous!  I also came away with the most adorable little box of notecards.  The box is what I really wanted.  It looks a bit like a small suitcase with French labels on it.  (I really want to go to Paris in case you couldn't tell!)  It will be perfect in bear pics!

I generally tend to avoid books and movies that are over hyped.  I bought Harry Potter on the first day it came out, and no one knew what it was yet so that doesn't count.  But I have been avoiding Eat Pray Love until today.  Since the movie is coming out soon, they had a display of the book, so I picked it up and read the first couple pages.  I decided to go ahead and buy it.  It's not normally the sort of book I read, because I like adventure novels.  James Rollins is my favorite author.  I also picked up "Garden Spells" because it was mentioned on the blog post about the upcoming Practical Magic party...although I would swear I had that book in this house already still waiting to be read.  If I find it, I will pass it on to my friend.

After that I headed over to another of my favorite places...World Market.  I came home with a couple little trinkets, and some blood orange soda from Italy, which is so good!!!  When I paid she said I had spent over 20.00 and I got another free bag...oddly enough this one had the Eat Pray Love logo on it. 

It was raining this afternoon which made me perfectly happy.  I love thunder storms.  After R went to bed I decided to treat myself to a candlelight and paper lantern lit bath.  Now I dearly love paper lanterns, there are several in my house.  They are just dreamy and romantic.  I really like paper parasols too. I added a little lilac oil to the bath, opened the window to let the rain scent in and let it mingle with the scent of orange and pine candles.  It was the perfect summery-woodsy scent.  Gypsy and Rizzo were in their appointed spots in the powder room and seemed to find the whole thing rather enchanting too.

I ended the evening by biting the bullet and deciding to upgrade my internet speed despite the extra ten dollars a month.  (Refer back a couple posts if you're not sure what that's about.)  But I will tell you a secret...I always call the phone company late at night.  Their night time employees don't have as much to do, and they are bored.  If you are pleasant, amusing and conversational with them they always hook you up.  So I got my upgrade and my phone bill will now actually be 12.00 less a month than what I was already paying instead of 10.00 more!  *Insert big cheesy grin here*

All in all it was a great day!  I hope yours was as fun as mine...I am off to finish my bird I am working on!

Hugs, K. <3



5 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Oh that sounds like a fab day. Love the idea of the cheaper phone bill too, WTG!

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said...

WooHoo! A wonderful day indeed!

Janet Ghio said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I have read Garden Spells--it is really good! and I liked Eat, Pray, Love also--but too much hype surrounding it now. I saw that little Paris box you are talking about at B&N the other day. It is sweet!

KellyJo said...

Nice, nice, nice. . .. I got all blissed and relaxed just reading your post. Nice way for me to start my day. . . Thanks!
P.S. And nice tip about the phone co. :D

Heather said...

Congrats on the phone company!

... I am shocked they canceled your order, usually they just tell you it's back stocked and have you wait a billion years!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map