Monday, March 23, 2009

The Big Switch Over

In case you may have been wondering why I haven't been posting much lately...or even if you haven't noticed, I have been working on a very big project. Sadly my computer was 3 years old, and while it was working fine it just couldn't keep up any more, and I had a good wait to look at things even with cable. That's the sad part of computers. They become obsolete before their time.

I was trying to hold out for a new one until July because I wanted one for my birthday. I got my birthday present a little early, in fact I got it yesterday. So I had the arduous task of moving all my files, after spending three days cleaning off my desk. It was scary how much stuff I had on it. The migration programs weren't compatible so I had to do it manually. I have zillions of picture files, because I take too many pictures, I like to draw pixels and I had all my website images.

It took me hours and hours to rebuild my website, but I am glad I had to do it manually. I ran across something I had been trying to figure out how to do. I am fairly savvy with all that, but I am completely self taught, so every once in a while something escapes me for a while that I want to learn. Luckily I figured it out tonight. It's that silver lining thing I guess.

I got a hybrid this time, and the tower is tiny, but the monitor is HUGE! HUGEEEEEEE! It's also quite a shock to how blurry my other one really was. It seemed quite clear until I saw this screen. The clarity is mind blowing. So that's why I have been silent on my blog for the most part. But I am almost all done with everything so it's upward and onward to other frivolous things like laundry and bear making! *grins*

I have a topic I want to post about in reserve, so I will be back to my usual soon...very soon. Until then I hope you're all doing well.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map