Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Id And The Rose Colored Monocle


Something that very few people know about me is that I like to draw things on the computer with pixels. I am actually pretty good at it. It's just a hobby, and I haven't done it in a while. But a few years ago I made some little creatures for an anime' forum I go to. I called them "Misgivings." They were pretty funny and reflected all sorts of neurosis. But I made one just for my own amusement. His name is Id (yes I know, it was intentional) and you can see him above.

Id really is aptly named. He wears a rose colored monocle because half of him wants to believe the world is a pretty, happy place filled with kind, benevolent, well meaning people. But he can't ever quite believe it and half of him sees the ugly truth. So he can only see the world through a rose colored monocle instead of a full set of rose colored glasses. Someday I may recreate him as a bear, but for now I like his 2 dimentional toothy little visage as it is.

I have been trying to overcome Id and his outlook recently. I have decided not to take anything personally. That's a much taller order than you might think. When someone says something mean or catty I tell myself that they didn't mean it the way it sounded. I am sure I must have misunderstood them, or they are just having a bad day. I think assuredness of belief goes a long way to changing your outlook and quieting your own negative aspects of the Id. I am not sure I would want a full set of rose colored glasses however. I like walking that fine line between reality as it is and how I would like it to be, so for now a rose colored monocle will do just fine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map