Friday, August 6, 2010

When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Go To Sleep


Usually I handle things as they come along.  It's what you have to do in life.  Anyone who has been reading my blog on a regular basis for a while knows I have had a tough time of it this year.  But sometimes there comes a point where I just shut down.  That's what happened this week.

I have been making these new patterns which is always hard for me.  But along with that I also had to take Gypsy for a 3 am ER vet visit last Tuesday.  She started throwing up and didn't stop.  The vet said she had an infection and gave her some antibiotics and some kitty Pepcid.

R has been running up to Vail quite a bit and having to stay up there because they are in the testing phase of the job, and invariably they have to work til late into the night for testing.  He has been so tired, he doesn't like staying away from home.  But that also means that every little crisis that comes along is all mine to deal with while he is gone.

It's been raining endlessly and my sinus's are going to explode.  I have had a headache every day for two weeks now.

Day before yesterday Buster slipped and hurt his leg again.  He had MAJOR surgery on it last March which cost a small fortune.  I was afraid he had done the same thing again, and I was ready to have him put down last night since he was laying on the floor doing nothing but crying from the pain and couldn't put any weight at all on the leg.  It's certainly not something I wanted to do, but I can't afford another couple thousand for major surgery again, and I can't put him through that torture again either.  I took him to the ER vet, and sat there for an hour and a half.  They only had one other dog in there and it was in the next room making the most horrible noise the entire time. 

I finally couldn't take it any more since it was upsetting him and my nerves were frayed raw, and I was sobbing because I didn't want to put him down.  So I just took him home without seeing the doctor.  Now Buster is a cocker spaniel, but he is one of the biggest ones you have ever seen and he is quite heavy.  So when I got home I carried him  around to the gate to let him in the back yard.  I sat him down while I unlocked the gate.  I turned to put him in the yard and the little stinker was gone!  He had RAN back into the garage!  Miraculously he could suddenly move, he was still limping but he wasn't as bad off as he made me believe.  It nearly cost him his life.  I am not sure what we will do now, it depends on if he heals and shows improvement or not.  If he doesn't, and he really has messed up his leg again we still may have to put him down.  But I am sincerely hoping not, and that maybe it's just a sprain that heals up.

On top of all of this Facebook is causing me frustration.  Now I know you wouldn't think Facebook would be a big deal.  But I have recently found out that most bear artists think it's a wonderful tool, so I was trying to update my page the last couple nights.  It had been sitting there abandoned for over a year. 

I am a pretty tech savvy type of girl, but Facebook is just beyond me.  It's so user unfriendly.  When I upload pictures a couple of them always vanish over the next few days.  All my profile info had vanished.  Plus I don't know how anyone finds anything on that site?  How do you search for things?  Where do the people who follow your page come from?  How do they find you?

So I need some input from you guys on this...do you have Facebook or not?  If you do, do you like it?  Do you think it's worth the effort?  Do ya have any idea what I am doing wrong?  (Thanks in advance for the info.)

At any rate with all this never ending junk going on, I just shut down a couple days ago and took to my bed about every four hours.  I can't sleep that long, but I can't seem to stay awake that long either.  So posting has been minimal this week and I wanted to let you know why.

I think I am going back to bed again...this too shall pass...I hope!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Awww, I hope Buster recovers quickly! And what a little weasel to go running off! Maybe he just wanted some undivided attention.

As far as Facebook goes... I have it... and I use it to live chat with people and keep up with parties and online bear sales and shows and such... but I kind of despise it.

People constantly send me links and messages that I never get... and then when they ask me about it, I'm clueless. I agree that it's not user friendly... but it's the current thing, and it's less annoying to me than MySpace... which I think is even less user friendly.

Janet Ghio said...

Oh I do hope Buster will be okay!!
I am actually thinking about ordering the FAcebook for Dummies book as I can't make much sense of it--probably because I spend way too much time looking at blogs that cuts into art time and I just don't want to spend the time on it. Take your furry little babies and snuggle down under the covers and take a little rest and retreat!

Amanda said...

I hope you feel better soon, it seems your mind and body need a rest. Hang in there.

Sharie Reetz said...

Hi Kelly,I hope you and your pets do get better!I am also a sinus sufferer,so I know your pain!Also a big THANK YOU for posting this facebook question thing.....I thought it was just me being a dummy!~~~I have the same questions as you,And I agree is it overwhelming!~~~Sharie

Meesh said...

Sending good thoughts to you and your pets! Vet visits can be heart-wrenchingly awful. I sincerely hope for little Buster's recovery.

Katy Cameron said...

Oh no, poor Buster and Gypsy, but more especially, poor you! I hope you're all doing much better soon

I'm on FB, I use it for the business and try and update relatively regularly. My blog is linked in so that when I update it, it shows on FB. I invited a bunch of my friends. As soon as anyone become a fan of your page it shows up on their feed, so all their friends see it, and so on. I have 48 followers, and have no idea who some of them are, bless them!

It took me a while to realise that you need to choose Most Recent rather than Top News, which your home page defaults to, to keep up to date with things, becaust Top News is trully random!

FenBeary Folk said...

Ah hugs to you, you really are having a tough time.
I use FB alot, keep at it and you will get, I know you will xxxx

Kathy said...

Just leaving behind some ((((hugs))))

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map