Wednesday, September 22, 2010


My dear patient friends!  I have been trying so hard to get a blog post done the last few days but every time I have come to the computer and sat down, it made my head pound so hard I just got back up again.

To be honest things haven't improved that much, but I did think I should make a post so you know I haven't deserted you!  I was actually feeling a little better today despite a rocky start this morning.  I managed to get to the post office to send off a little bear who has been waiting patiently to go to his new home.  Then I came home and started unpacking all the boxes with my dining room things in them.  I also cooked a nice salmon dish for dinner, harvested a few things from the garden, cleaned the pantry, repotted a couple plants, and a few other little chores.

By this evening I felt as if I was starting this thing all over again, and R yelled at me for trying to do too much too soon.  I think he knew I couldn't argue because my throat was sore and I could barely talk.  But you know how it is when you are sick and bored and can't stand the idleness that goes with it!

At any rate...I went on my trip to Montana for two reasons.  One...I hadn't been to visit my parents in a bit and I wanted to go.  And two...R was going to put a hardwood floor in my dining room, which is why everything was packed up.  I can't stand the mess and clutter that goes with renovations so he just sends me off when he does them.

The first day after I arrived my Mom was scheduled to do a little craft show for York Days, so she suggested I bring along some of my small pieces.  I came home with three less things.  It was kind of a fun event.  They had a pancake breakfast and rubber ducky races.  I bought five ducks since it was for charity but they didn't win.

There was a park that had a bear statue in it, and you can see my Step Dad being funny with it above!  I love that picture. 

This is a pic from their back porch.  It was raining over the mountain range.  The weather was much colder than I had expected and I had to buy a fleece lined hoodie just to keep warm!

We drove to Missoula one day and did some shopping.  That was fun too, they have a really cute mall there.

I took this one evening, you can see the city lights from their house.  The orbs are dust particles in the air.  It snowed two days after I left!

When I came home I had an amazing new floor in the dining room.  R does such good work!  My puppies aren't nearly as impressed though, they can't get any traction and keep falling down. I had to put down a rug so they could get in and out.

It was a nice visit, but I was happy to come home too.  I just wish I hadn't caught what ever was going around up there. 
If I feel even remotely human tomorrow I am going to work on one of the two pieces I have started.  Just don't tell R, he will probably yell at me again!

I hope you all had a lovely day!  Hugs, K. <3


Heather said...

This trip looks like it was a lot of fun, I've always wanted to go to Montana... and yay for selling things in a craft show XD

I'm glad you're back though, I've been missing your blog posts! XD

Katy Cameron said...

love that bear statue pic, and WTG on the sales at the fair.

Hope you feel better soon though


Amanda said...

I hope you feel a bit better soon, no fun feeling ill.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map