Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Inspiration: Giving The Heart Wings


My favorite shape has always been a heart. I suppose it could be because I have always been a hopeless romantic. Adding wings to a heart to me represents freedom to love what you want and express it with wild abandon. It represents an elation that cannot be described with mere words. Lastly, it represents being able to share that freedom, wild abandon and elation with others. That's why it's been my logo for many years now, I am fortunate enough to have a job that I love with wild abandon and fills me with elation every time someone sees a bear and is filled with delight. I like a winged heart so much, that I have one tattooed on my ankle. While my winged heart logo has undergone some cosmetic changes over the years and will probably undergo more, the meaning behind it has never changed.

In that spirit, last January I created my Works Of Heart Blog Award. When I did it, I felt like passing along a little recognition because it makes people happy and I don't think ordinary people always get enough recognition the way public figures do. But in truth, I did it on a whim, passed it out to a few people and then got busy and pretty much forgot about it.

Tonight I got to thinking about it, and did a little internet searching to see what might turn up. Much to my surprise, it's still out there being passed around...a lot! I found some blogs who wrote such nice things about the people they received the award from.

They say there is no such thing as a selfless act, and I believe that's true. Tonight when I saw the things that were said by others about the people who gave them the award it made me feel good to know that I was in a small way instrumental in that. I like that feeling, I am sure you would like it too.

So to perpetuate that feeling, I would like to give every single one of my blog readers this award. (Not just my followers, I know some of you are shy and read anonymously.)

The Works Of Heart award is for people who put their heart and soul into their work, their words and/or their kindness to others. There are no stipulations or rules about how many people can receive it, or any other criteria. You don't have to post that you took it, or link it back to my blog. Just save it to your hard drive and pass it out as much as or as little as you would like.

I know in my heart that each and every one of you out there deserves it, and I know that you know others who deserve it as well. So please...take it, display it proudly...pass it on...and give your own heart wings by making someone else happy for getting a little recognition they deserve.

Hugs, K <3

2 comments:

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said...

Thank you, Kelly! That really made my day! I read your post on Monday, but just couldn't do much about it (a fibromyalgia day). But today I remembered it, read your post, smiled, added the award to my blog, and linked it to yours. Thanks again for uplifting my heart!
Warmly,
Cheryl

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said...

Oh, I forgot to add that on a day when I have a bit more energy, I'm going to send your award to others who might need a boost!
Warmly,
Cheryl

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map