Friday, September 18, 2009

What Happens While You're Sleeping


I have a tendency to wonder about a lot of things. If you read my blog on a regular basis, you know this about me.

Tonight while I was sitting and working I got to wondering what exactly happens after I go to sleep. I wake up sometimes with odd things that I know I didn't have when I went to bed because my last act of every day is to have a bath before going to sleep.

A few mornings ago I woke up with the odd sensation that my arm hurt. I had a whole constellation of little red raised bumps on the underside. I know I didn't have them when I went to bed. Now I wouldn't have thought much of that since I am constantly breaking out in hives from allergic reactions, but all of these looked like little pimples, for lack of a better comparison, that had been squeezed too hard and bled a tad. (Sorry about the unattractive visual!) I have never had anything like that before. Nor did they go away like hives. They are healing, but I still have them.

Last year I woke up with double puncture marks on my leg in two places that looked like I had shot a staple into my thigh. The holes were about that far apart. They weren't raised or infected looking, just two holes. The following morning I woke up with another one. At this point I thought maybe a spider or something had found it's way into my bed and was biting me. The holes were a little far apart, and not sore but I changed the sheets anyway just in case. I woke up with more every morning for the next four mornings after that. I never did figure out how I got them.

I wake up with all sorts of strange cuts, scratches, bruises and bumps all the time. I go to bed after R goes to work, so it isn't anything he is doing. The dogs aren't permitted on the bed, so I have narrowed it down to two possibilities. Either the cats are taking their aggressions out on me while I sleep, or I sleepwalk. Or in a bit of weirder possibility these things are self inflicted, but I kind of doubt it. I don't exactly know how I would get staple marks without waking up, and I don't have a lot of guilt that would cause my subconscious to want me to do penance for something.

My money is on the cats...sure they look sweet and they are lovable when I am awake...but what are they doing while I am asleep and at their mercy? *Arches an eyebrow* Look at that pic, is she really sleeping with the dog...or plotting her revenge???

Of course I did sleepwalk regularly as a kid, so it's possible that I am doing it again.

So I find myself also wondering if this happens to anyone else? If so...do you have cats? *Hums twilight zone theme and grins*

Hugs, K <3

***Disclaimer*** No cats were psychologically harmed in the making of this semi humorous post!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Are your cats prone to kneading before they nest down for the night?

A friend of mine, her one cat kneads at her legs at night before circling then curling up on them... and when they knead, they usually put the tips of their claws into the object they're standing on, and then pull back a little. Needless to say, my friend would wake up with little puncture marks all the time...

either that or I recall you did make a bat recently, any chance it was a vampire bat? :)

Kelly said...

I clip my cats claws, so they don't leave claw marks on me or the furniture.

The bat went to Texas...unless it flew back I don't think it's responsible! =}

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I do not have cats now as my husband is allergic but, in the past, I've had sweet cats who couldn't stop kneading and purring and unintentionally wounding an arm or a leg! Love 'em anyway, for sure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map