Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Seven Deadly Sins And A Piece Of Toast

For the past three days I have wanted a piece of toast. A simple piece of toast with butter and maybe a little cinnamon. Now I suppose you're thinking well Kel, go make yourself one. But it's just not as easy as it seems.

The seven deadly sins aren't actually listed in the Bible, even though most people think that is the origin of them. In fact their earliest conception is a bit murky. Several people are attributed to adding them into their writings and it's not real clear who did it first.

The one thing that is pretty much universally agreed upon is that they are as follows:

Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

The basic idea is that if one indulges oneself in too much of any of them it will lead to that persons downfall. When you think about it, it's true. We have all committed them at some point. But lately I have been taking great steps to avoid gluttony and sloth. Those are the two I have the hardest time with.

As for gluttony, I have been trying really hard to curb my shopaholic ways. I am not doing too bad, but I fall off the wagon every once in a while.

When it comes to sloth...well that one is a little harder for me for a different reason than you might think. It's not that I am lazy, it's just that I can get really caught up and fixated on something and lose track of other things that need to be done. That is one of the inherent issues with having the type of brain I have.

This past week I have been working myself to the bone to get things made since I am having this upcoming gum graft surgery and I know I will be out of commission for a bit. They happily assured me I won't be eating any solid food for 2-6 weeks. (They need to work on their sugar coating skills.) Plus things have been selling quite a bit lately and I need to keep some inventory. But I have also been cooking and cleaning like mad.

Along with all that, I felt a need to eat things that are nearing their expiration and left overs since I don't want to be wasteful.

I am not real big on toast. I don't eat a whole lot of bread. But I just had a hankering for it. What I don't have is an opportunity to have any. By the time I eat the big meals for dinner I have been making, and a little left over something for my other meal, I have no room for toast.

All this cooking and cleaning and working has also left me too exhausted to even make any. This is the first time in days that I have been able to make a real post other than pictures in fact. I am only doing it now at the sacrifice of reading a chapter in my book before I collapse into bed for my 5 hours of sleep.

I have also been fighting a cold, and R thinks I need to take it easy. I told him I would take it easy today after I drop the dogs off at the groomer, go to the store and go to the craft store to pick up a few things I am out of...and pick the dogs back up from the groomer...and photograph what I finished tonight...and make dinner...and finish the bear I started tonight after I finished the cubcake I was working on..

Well maybe Friday I will take it easy...and have some toast.

1 comment:

treasurefield said...

Have some toast, hon! It'll be a nice memory when you're having to forego solid food for those 2-6 weeks (six?? Hope it's only 2 at the most). And best wishes with your surgery.
I know what you mean about the brain thing. I have that type, too. ^_^

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map