Monday, March 14, 2011

Good Things And Bad Things

Boy what a crazy week!  First of all I want to thank everyone who came and supported the Blooming Bear Show.  The turnout was stellar and a huge number of bears got adopted.  So on the behalf of the bears, myself and all the artists participating I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Of course beyond the happiness of a bear show, the world was just in chaos with all the happenings in Japan and the ensuing tsunami that hit so many places.  I can't even tell you how badly I feel for these people.  I have been to Japan, and it's a beautiful country with lovely people and my heart just goes out to them.  How much more can they possibly take between the earthquake, the nuclear reactor situations, the tsunami and now a volcano!  It seems like it's just one terror heaped on another terror on another...I have been watching the news and wishing I could just go over there and wrap my arms around every single one of them and make it better in every way possible.  But unfortunately there is only so much we can do to ease their suffering from a world away.

Both the show and the things going on in the world have left me feeling a bit exhausted.  R drug me out of the house today.  I have been here most of the week working like mad, and he felt I needed an outing.  I went and got a new smart phone.  I really wasn't keen on getting one, but I realized when I go to the show in May I would probably need an alternate way to have people pay since not everyone uses cash or checks anymore. 

After that he took me to On The Border, which is one of our favorite restaurants.  If you haven't tried the brisket grilled enchiladas, you don't know what you're missing. 

We made a final stop at Target so I could pick up a corned beef for St. Patrick's Day.  I am Irish after all, gotta have it once a year!  I wanted to go there because the one I got from there was really good. 

I also needed to buy a new scale.  I stepped on mine this morning and it said I weighed 103 pounds.  Now that might be nice, but I know it isn't even remotely close to true.  In my entire adult life I have never weighed 103 pounds!  When I got the new one out I discovered I was actually 9 pounds lighter than I thought though.  So that was good.  I had a feeling that mine was weighing too heavy...well at least until this morning. 

I think at this point what I need is some really good sleep.  I had insomnia last week for several days.  In fact I have an odd little side note about that.  My doctor gave me some sleeping pills for when I have insomnia.  I don't like to take them, but if I go too many days without proper sleep I will break down and take one.  They usually knock me out for 8-10 hours and I wake up feeling groggy and drug out for several hours after.  But when I took one the other night I woke up after about 2 1/2 hours which surprised me.  I was wide awake, and I remember I had been having an odd dream where it seemed as if I was sitting up high, like in a tree maybe and I was peering through some tropical foliage down into water where some boats were.  The boats were rocking very hard and some were on their side.  That's all I remember about it, but I had an odd sense of uneasiness.

After I woke up I came downstairs and was watching TV and playing around on a forum I go to.  Someone came on and said that Japan had been hit with the earthquake about 45 minutes before.  Oddly enough, I had been up for exactly 46 minutes.  A similar thing happened years ago.  I had been getting ready for a bear show in Kansas and every night for a week before the show I had a dream about a tornado.  I passed it off as pre-show jitters.  On the way home from that show a tornado set down on my car.  Go figure.

So I am going to quit rambling and head to bed.  Hopefully I will sleep dream free!

Have a lovely day all!  Hugs, K. <3

2 comments:

Cheryl @ Bingle Bears said...

Dreams are funny, aren't they? Years ago, Matt (my husband) has a dream that a house was on fire. It was the same night that his uncle and aunt's house burned to the ground.

Heather said...

Dreams are strange that way... I once had a dream where I was watching an old fashioned plane land in my back yard, and trying to warn the person that there was an alligator under my deck (who knows why the alligator was there...) then, years after having the dream, I had a male friend of mine describe my exact dream to me... except from the perspective of the person in the plane. So strange.

Yeah, my scale went kaput too a few months ago, but it wasn't so nice, it said I weighed 330 pounds... which I do not!!

Congrats on the bear show!! They were all lovely!! Grady has been traveling around with me asking when he's going to make his grand debut, lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map