Saturday, December 6, 2008

Sexy?



I really enjoy watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show they have every year. Not only do I like pretty lingerie but I also like the show for the creative inspiration aspect. Now I know what you're thinking...how can a teddy bear artist gather inspiration from lingerie? Well you can, anytime you have a mix of textures, colors, fabrics and amazing accessories like the woodland angel wings this year you can definitely draw inspiration from that.

I will admit I wasn't as impressed this year as I have been in the past with the wings and the outfits. But the thing I notice most every year is that the models get thinner. I know that thin is in, thin is supposed to be sexy...but I just wasn't seeing it. Some of these girls this year were so thin, they detracted from the lingerie. You have to have hips and curves and a little meat on your bones to fill out what you're wearing even if it's just lingerie! I have to wonder if this trend towards thinner and thinner and thinner continues if we will just be seeing the clothes go down the runway on skeletons purchased from a morgue in a few years?

I know everyone's definition of sexy is subjective...so take a look at picture of the models and you decide if you think the girls above has the healthy vivaciousness that they should! Is that really sexy?

1 comment:

Bev said...

As the mother of a daughter, this whole "thinner is better" was a battle to be fought during her teenage years. Fortunately, we won it, and she is a healthy beautiful woman today.

I can't for the life of me figure out why any man would want to snuggle up to these "bag of bones" girls

guess I'm just in the wrong century -- too Rubenesque!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map