Thursday, July 9, 2009

Treasure Hunting

Yesterday could only be described as a comedy of errors. I had my day planned perfectly. R was going to be out of town for the night and I had to go get my yearly mammogram at 1:30. So I thought I would get up at noon, get ready and go do it. Then grab a salad somewhere and head off to this massive antique mall we have.

I have been pretty good about curbing my shopaholic ways lately and I haven't been antiquing in ages. I had been feeling the pull to go there for about a week. I just knew some wondrous treasure was awaiting me.

I set my alarm for noon and asked my Mom if she could call me as a back up measure since sometimes the cats walk on the alarm and shut it off. I had to leave the phone on the hook in order to get my call. Normally I take it off the hook when I sleep since most of the world has no respect for day sleepers.

I stayed up a little too late finishing my book, and then I couldn't sleep. So I didn't get to sleep til nearly 8:30 am. The phone rang at 9:05 with an obnoxious man who called me a liar despite not knowing a thing about me. I was rather upset over it and didn't get back to sleep for nearly 45 minutes. Just as I was finally dozing off again the neighbors workmen who are putting in their new lawn had a small forklift taking things to their back yard. The beeping noise kept me awake for quite a while. At 10:30 as I was dozing off again the phone rang. It was my Mother, she thought I had to be at my appointment at noon and was calling to wake me up. I am sorry to say I was a little rude to her out of frustration for which I apologized later. I laid down again and dozed off for a third time only to have the doorbell ring and the dogs start barking like mad at 11:10. The utility guy needed to replace something on our meter. At this point I gave up.

I came downstairs, coffee in hand and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were so bloodshot I looked like I had been on a three day bender..and quite frankly I probably would have felt better if I had. Sleep deprivation is evil.

I called the medical center and rescheduled the mammogram for Friday. There was no way I was going to be able to drive across town in my current state. I called R, told him what all had gone on, took the phone off the hook and went back to bed declaring the day a total bust. I had just laid down when the doorbell rang again (insert cussing here) only to discover it was a salesman who had ignored my no soliciting sign. After that it was all quiet and I finally managed to get four hours of sleep. I got up and did some housework and yes I WORKED ON A BEAR!

I went to bed this morning at a normal time, slept for about 9 hours and got up refreshed. I decided to go ahead and go to the antique mall today. I probably should have gone grocery shopping instead but I just wanted to do something fun.

The above picture shows my haul. I am proud to say those five things including that lovely old bear only cost me 78.00. The purse and the cow aren't old but I liked them anyway. I saw many more things I could have taken home, but I tried to behave myself. All in all today was a much better day and tomorrow I will go do the rest of the things I should have done yesterday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map