Saturday, February 7, 2009

End Of A Crazy Week And A Mix Up

R is always supportive and never says anything about things that sometimes don't seem to get done around here. But he has no idea what I do all day. In fact I suspect he secretly believes that I just lay on the couch reading magazines and watching The History Channel or playing on the computer most of the time, and then occasionally roll off to pop out a bear or vacuum, pretty much letting everything else go. That couldn't be farther from the truth. I admit I do like The History Channel, but I am constantly doing something.

I wish I had a few more minutes each day to sit down and do absolutely nothing. Sometimes when I blog I look at what I have written and it's very telling of how my week has been. For some inexplicable reason when I am really stressed I seem to blog more. I make long, intense posts about some subject or other, that is usually an extension of what's stressing me out. Clearly this week it's been work and my struggle to figure out online selling venues and where to go next with them. I always feel restless about those posts afterward, because I think I should have posted light hearted, happy things with pretty pictures and flowery words instead. That's what people prefer to read I think. My life isn't all pretty pictures and flowery words though, and I can't always keep whatever is going on in my brain and my life from coming out in text. I kind of wish I could. Most people manage it beautifully. People often leave me kind comments or praise for those posts, but it never stops me from thinking I am committing a grievous error in the unwritten laws of blogging.

I had a about 150 little things I needed to keep track of and get done, and about 6 big things. I have been running around trying to get them all done, and wondering why I had bitten off more than I could chew this week. Especially since I am fighting this flu again. I hate not keeping my word so I push myself to do everything I say I will no matter what, I don't always succeed though. Right now I am behind on a couple of those things and it's eating at me. I will get them done as soon as I can.

One of those things I had to do was the talk radio spot we did this morning. I wavered back and forth on it all week. I set up the account on Blog Talk Radio, had a heck of a time figuring out where to put all my information and then last night I couldn't log in. I also went to Blockhead Radio and many of us were having troubles with it throwing us off line and crashing our computers. I wasn't completely clear on the fact that they weren't related sites either.

I had committed to do it though, so I had R wake me up this morning 15 minutes before it was supposed to begin, after all it was radio so it's not like I had turn into a glamour doll for it. I got coffee, (actually R got it for me, good guy that he is) wandered down to the computer and checked my mail. It's a good thing I did too, because I found out they weren't the same site, and we needed to set up a new account on Blockhead. I did this very quickly with a little trepidation, but the site worked smoothly this morning and I was able to participate in the show. I sincerely apologize to those of you who went to the other site because I had the wrong information and you missed the show. I tried to look for it on the site so I could provide a link, but I can't find a place where it was cached to. Maybe they don't do that? If I find it though, I will post a link. The show turned out to be a success, and we all had a great time. I missed some sleep but it was worth it.

I have a couple more little things to do to get caught up with everything I needed to get done this week, but tonight I am taking some time off and we are going to the book store, and to grab a bite to eat. I need to go have a shower so I can do that, I guess I will stop here. Maybe next week will be calmer and I can post those kinds of pictures and words that you would all rather see! I can't guarantee it though...sometimes the glitter from yesterday is a little tarnished.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map