Sunday, February 1, 2009

Surprises In The Mail

I think we all like getting mail, unless it's junk or bills. I love running out there every day to see what might be in my box. Granted people don't write letters much anymore since the onset of e-mail, and it kind of makes me sad. I still have letters that my Grandmother wrote to me when I was a child. She has been gone now for about 14 years, and I cherish those letters.

It's also pretty exciting to see the glossy cover of your favorite magazine or a package containing some special little treasure you ordered. Even better is a gift that you weren't expecting from someone very thoughtful.

But what I never expect is a surprise in my e-mail. However, I got one! I was checking my e-mail and going through the usual mail announcing the new round of people who have decided to follow me on Twitter. I seem to pick up at least one or two new people a day. Yesterday I had four new followers. When I got to the third one, I thought the name looked really familiar, but it was out of context and I couldn't place it for a few seconds. Then it dawned on me that it was the name of one of my favorite authors. An author whose book I am reading right now in fact. I thought it was either a coincidence or a maybe fan of his, that chose to use his name. As it turned out it was really him.

Then I realized last week I had been discussing books with another twitterer and told the book I was reading so he must have done a search for his own name and added everyone who mentioned him. The really fun thing is, he isn't there simply to promote himself, he is actually talking to people. How cool is that! I believe this is my first brush with anyone famous since Elizabeth Taylor bought one of my bears some years back.

I will give you a hint as to who it was...he wrote the last Indiana Jones installment. *winks* Today brought another author following me. I have to confess I haven't ever read any books from this one, but it was a name I recognized right away. Maybe I will check into his work as well.

You just never know what the mail will bring!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map