Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Less Stressed

I am happy to say that Jim came through the surgery just fine. He is feeling pretty rotten, but that's to be expected.

I spent very little time on the computer the last few days and I feel so much better for having done other things. Sometimes we need a break I guess.

It's going to be a great day in Colorado weather wise and I think I am going to take the dogs for a walk later. I need to start getting in shape for this 3 day walk in August. I am going to do the 60 mile walk for breast cancer if I can get enough sponsors. I have to get $2300 in pledges, and I am not sure how I am going to do that. But I have faith that if I choose to do this they will come.

I have never known anyone who had breast cancer, but I think it's an important cause and I want to do my part because it effects so many women. If we don't take care of each other on this planet...who else will?

So I am going to hop off the computer again and go shower. I hope you all have a great day!

5 comments:

julietk said...

Good luck with your Charity walk glad the op went well too,Juliet
I will sponsor you for 10 cents a mile, not a lot but I am only a poor Bear maker :D

Kelly said...

That's really sweet of you! I don't even know how the sponsorship thing works yet. I have the first meeting Saturday.

Haute Country Vintage Co. said...

Hugs for (((Kelly))! Let me know when you figure out the sponsorship details, my Mom died of breast cancer in 2000 & i try to donate as much as i can to the cause every year :0)

customteddys said...

Hi Kelly,

Good for you for taking the time to participate in this worthy cause. My Mom is a breast cancer survivor of 19 years. I would also like to contribute. When you have the details, let me know. Hugs from Vicki and the Bears

Amanda said...

So glad Jim came through OK, I bet its been very stressful for all involved. I knew someone like Jim, she was so special and touched people where ever she went. She died of breast cancer, on my birthday too. Her funeral was standing room only, we had to stand in a room in the back with speakers so we could listen. So good on you, what a wonderful idea.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map