Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentines Day

I hope everyone had a wonderful day today! I know I did. R made it back from his trip tired but ok. I think he is coming down with my flu though. But we still went out to dinner at Briarhurst Manor which was just fabulous. We ate in the sitting room, and they served a six course meal! I didn't eat all day just so I would have room. I was so proud of R too, he absolutely hates seafood and yet he stepped outside his comfort zone and had the oyster on the halfshell that was topped with a champagne sauce and caviar. He didn't even flinch. I was so shocked he ate it! The poor man has a terrible time with the amuse bouche every time we go out to a nice dinner. Last time it was stuffed grape leaves and he didn't really want to eat that either. He is a meat and potato's guy, but he does take me out for nice dinners every once in a while because he knows I enjoy it.

He also had the warm strawberry soup which he really liked! I had the lobster and black forest truffle bisque but I tasted his and it was really very good. I also had duck liver pate' and pear chutney on flatbread, an asparagus salad with more black forest truffles that was heavenly, and then we had passion fruit sorbet, and Steak Fabrizio for the main course. For dessert he had the chocolate mousse, and since I am allergic to chocolate I had the orange blossom creme brulee. Just between you and I, I think I had the better dessert anyway! I have a weakness for creme brulee!

Briarhurst Manor is this beautiful Victorian mansion, and it's going to be featured on an upcoming episode of Ghost Hunters. I don't know if they found anything, but I did notice that they are now offering haunted tours so I am going to guess they did. About halfway through dinner I caught my hair on something and it really yanked it. In fact I let out an audible "ouch." I looked to see what it had caught on, and couldn't figure out since the back of the chair was completely smooth and there was nothing else for it to get caught on. R was teasing me that a ghost pulled it! Of course I don't think that was it, but it was funny.

It was a wonderful, romantic evening and I will treasure the memory forever! We have been very lucky to have some great experiences over the years, and I know we will have many more.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map