Saturday, February 28, 2009

Adagio

I thought I would give you a little update on my ballet lessons. If you have been reading since January then you know I decided to do this. I haven't mentioned it in a while, but I am still working on it. I am not doing too bad all things considered. Neither is Gyspy. (You can see her pic at the right, last one.) She thinks it's her duty to do this with me...although her positions are a little...um...unique. But they are working for her!

I have noticed that my posture has improved and so has my balance. I can stretch a little further too. My arabesque isn't to shabby either if I do say so myself! It's been pretty addictive really, I catch myself doing the basic positions while I put the dishes away or folding laundry. The biggest obstacle I have had so far is my hair. I can't put it up like you're supposed to because it makes my neck ache from the weight of it all. But I have learned for my purposes a braid works just as well. Afterall it's not like I am dancing across the floor yet. I am still working on moves and positions.

All in all, I am really glad I overcame my thinking that I was too old, and decided to do this! If you want to learn something new, go for it! You won't regret it.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good on you! I do think you look young for your age, so go for it, why not?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Current copyright laws allow for all work to be automatically protected when it is created. All original artwork, photos, text, logo, descriptions, and derivative works from Blondheart are not to be copied, imitated or distributed in any way. All rights reserved solely by the artist, Kelly Dauterman.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map